I’ve had a migraine for over 2 weeks and i have no clue what to do about it. Does anyone know what could be causing these unbearable headaches?
You may be completely dehydrated if you aren’t drinking adequates amounts of water daily. Here’s a guide to help you figure out how much water you require daily for your weight.
? Your Weight Times (.5) Equals Divided By 8oz (or 1 Cup) Equals # Cups of Water/Day
• 100lbs x .5 = 50/8 =6 Cups of Water/day
• 120lbs x .5 = 60/8 = 7 Cups of Water/day
• 135lbs x .5 = 67.5/8 = 8 Cups of Water/day
• 150lbs x .5 = 75/8 = 9 Cups of Water/day
• 175lbs x .5 = /8 = 11 Cups of Water/day
• 200lbs x .5 = 100/8 = 12.5 Cups Water/day
You may be under intense stress and anxiety and need some activity to help relieve any excess stress like running, swimming, stretching, cardio machines, or sports.
Ice cold water or wrapped ice pack on the neck can be your best solution for a severe migraine with auras. The ice must be wrapped with a cloth so the skin doesn’t get damaged. You may want to place it all over your head, but not for longer than 20 minutes at anyone time. You may place a heater pad on your neck afterwards.
I find taking my medication (excederin tension headache works better than excederin migraine) with a Monster drink or red bull with the extra caffeine, but not the whole can…just enough to swallow the pill and wash it down with a few extra gulps only. It works fast (20 minutes). For some reasons, when the medication says TENSION HEADACHE it helps more. Others take ROBAXACET which is acetominophen with methocarbonal also comes with Codeine when asked.
If you use feverfew daily at bedtime. I also find it helpful to use something that I haven’t used before or for a long time in a different family of medications.
1. I used to use a combination of medications which included 400mg Ibuprofen 4x a day with food. This takes the swelling and inflammation down. DO NOT exceed1600mg in one day and you may need prilosec for stomach protection as ALL ANTI INFLAMMATORIES are difficult on the stomach. ***You can use Tylenol with Ibuprofen and Aspirin watch for daily maximums & don’t exceed.
2. Robaxacet is Tylenol (acetominophen) combined with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)…this also comes with codeine on request from the pharmacist. This only relaxes any tight muscles around the pain and helps reduce some pain. You can use Robaxacet with Ibuprofen and Aspirin, BUT NOT Tylenol as it’s already an ingredient in this pill.
3. Robaxacyl is Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) combines with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)…this has a blood thinning active ingredient and isn’t ideal for anyone under age 16 years or complications with blood pressure, ailments, etc. This both takes down the inflammation as well as treats the pain.You can use Robaxacyl with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, BUT NOT Aspirin as it’s already an ingredient in this pill.
4. Aleve is a Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory (Naproxen) which will helps reduce the inflammation, and as the inflammation decreases so does the pain; BUT you CANNOT mix this drug with any of the above mentioned safely.
5. Dynamint has been used on horses legs for years, but it does an amazing job on sore neck muscles. It’s ingredients are Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil , Tea Tree Oil and Calendula Oil.
6. Deep Cold Gold is an alternative rub that works very well on tight aching tendons on your upper shoulders, neck and TMJ joints.
It sounds more like it would be a MIGRAINE or AURAS (flickering lights or spots in eyes) associated with MIGRAINES or TENSION HEADACHE. Many things can trigger a HEADACHES/MIGRAINES: using your arm in an awkward way (bowling) when you don’t normally do that, lack of food (skipping meals), head resting in a hairdressers sink, going to a concert with light show, video game screen with fast movements & flashing lights, staring in the light (sun) constantly on your eyes…etc.
If you experience a headache with ANY LOSS OF WEAKNESS, SLURRING, IMBALANCE or FEVER, then you need to seek medical attention immediately for a consult to make sure there isn’t something more serious going on.
You should always keep track of your headaches on a calendar in your room or dayplanner so you have something to show the doctor if this becomes an ongoing problem. If you were doing something the day before or earlier in the day that may have triggered it, then mark that down too.
The ears are either tension from stress or tension stress from your TM joint in your jaw. It can make you sickly with migraines if out of place even a smidge.
A lifetime of headaches, migraines, TMJ headaches, head injury, etc.
on: 25th December 10