How can you tell the difference between a severe headache and a migraine?
HEADACHES DON’T STOP YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES WITHOUT VOMTING, SPINNING, MOTION SICKNESS, FLUTTERING, AURAS, ETC.
You may want to check your settings on all your digital items that you are using. Each device you use has a warning that MANY COMPLETELY IGNORE. Go under your settings for your screen settings on your computer, laptops, televisions, monitors, digital games, etc. AND LOWER THE BRIGHTNESS ON THE SCREEN.
Also, don’t forget that all these items are a heat source and depending on how close you are to the item you are using, you are affecting your personal body sources. (ie. flickering lights affect the eyes, laptops on laps affect fluids. etc.)
You may be completely dehydrated if you aren’t drinking adequates amounts of water daily. Here’s a guide to help you figure out how much water you require daily for your weight.
? Your Weight Times (.5) Equals Divided By 8oz (or 1 Cup) Equals # Cups of Water/Day
• 150lbs x .5 = 75/8 = 9 Cups of Water/day
• 175lbs x .5 = /8 = 11 Cups of Water/day
• 200lbs x .5 = 100/8 = 12.5 Cups Water/day
I find taking my medication (excederin tension headache works better than excederin migraine) with a Monster drink or red bull with the extra caffeine, but NOT the whole can…just enough to swallow the pill and wash it down with a few extra gulps only. It works fast (20 minutes).
For some reasons, when the medication says TENSION HEADACHE it helps more. Others take ROBAXACET which is acetominophen with methocarbonal also comes with Codeine when asked.
If you use feverfew daily at bedtime. I also find it helpful to use something that I haven’t used before or for a long time in a different family of medications.
1. I used to use a combination of medications which included 400mg Ibuprofen 4x a day with food. This takes the swelling and inflammation down. DO NOT exceed1600mg in one day and you may need prilosec for stomach protection as ALL ANTI INFLAMMATORIES are difficult on the stomach. ***You can use Tylenol with Ibuprofen and Aspirin watch for daily maximums & don’t exceed.
2. Robaxacet is Tylenol (acetominophen) combined with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)…this also comes with codeine on request from the pharmacist. This only relaxes any tight muscles around the pain and helps reduce some pain. You can use Robaxacet with Ibuprofen and Aspirin, BUT NOT Tylenol as it’s already an ingredient in this pill.
3. Robaxacyl is Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) combines with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)…this has a blood thinning active ingredient and isn’t ideal for anyone under age 16 years or complications with blood pressure, ailments, etc. This both takes down the inflammation as well as treats the pain.You can use Robaxacyl with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, BUT NOT Aspirin as it’s already an ingredient in this pill.
4. Aleve is a Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory (Naproxen) which will helps reduce the inflammation, and as the inflammation decreases so does the pain; BUT you CANNOT mix this drug with any of the above mentioned safely.
5. Dynamint has been used on horses legs for years, but it does an amazing job on sore neck muscles. It’s ingredients are Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil , Tea Tree Oil and Calendula Oil.
6. Deep Cold Gold is an alternative rub that works very well on tight aching tendons on your upper shoulders, neck and TMJ joints.
It sounds more like it would be a MIGRAINE or AURAS (flickering lights or spots in eyes) associated with MIGRAINES or TENSION HEADACHE. Many things can trigger a HEADACHES/MIGRAINES: using your arm in an awkward way (bowling) when you don’t normally do that, lack of food (skipping meals), head resting in a hairdressers sink, going to a concert with light show, video game screen with fast movements & flashing lights, staring in the light (sun) constantly on your eyes…etc.
If you experience a headache with ANY LOSS OF WEAKNESS, SLURRING, IMBALANCE or FEVER, then you need to seek medical attention immediately for a consult to make sure there isn’t something more serious going on.
The ears are either tension from stress or tension stress from your TM joint in your jaw. It can make you sickly with migraines if out of place even a smidge.
When I was 16 years old I had severe tension headaches that made the ligament behind my ear pop out like a big ole bump. The doctor prescribed a low dose of Elavil (amitryptaline) & it was gone within days. The Elavil in high doses is used for depression but they use it for car accidents because it relaxes the muscles from whiplash.
on: 17th March 11